Thursday, October 15, 2009

In Case You Too Have Free Time

I have free time. I am unemployed/retired. Regular unemployment is yucky and poor and by force. I'm livin like a rich WASP who just graduated an ivy league school and is finding myself. Incidentally, this has offered rich creative opportunities. (probably the world's great people achieved creative heights - pyramids, etc - because they were taking a year off. unclear how could be achieved otherwise.)


Anyhoo, we've taken up sewing/quilting/painting/writing/printing. Currently on the docket: a homespun nightgown. But except for homespun I'm using rough walmart clearance fabric. it'll be cute. trust me.


my first attempt is rather like a pink won ton wrapper that stayed up by sheer force of my own massive bosom and it's antigravitational protrusions. it is below medium. but it was just scrap - there's still hope.


purchased prettier fabric (also walmart clearance - how can you beat $1.50/yard???!)


sought out patterns online.



found the enclosed photo. in case you too want to snazzy up an inexpensive sweatshirt, i have included the link.


thank the muse!

No comments:

Post a Comment